Friday, October 24, 2008

OUR PLANET - third from the sun






Earth is the third planet from the Sun and is the largest of the terrestrial planets in the Solar System, in both diameter and mass. Home to myriad species including humans, it is also referred to as "the Earth", "Planet Earth", "Gaia", "Terra", and "the World".
from Wikipedia

Z orbity Ziemia jest piękna, błękitna, widać wszystko w cudownych kolorach.
Autor: Mirosław Hermaszewski, polski astronauta, ze stacji Salut 6 podczas łączności z Ziemią, 30 czerwca 1978
From the orbit Earth is beautiful, blue, you can see everything in wonderful colours.

Author: Mirosław Hermaszewski, polish astronaut, from the Salut 6 space station
while connecting Earth
, on 30 June 1978




"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
-Neil Armstrong